Monday, December 14, 2009

We went to The Alamo!

When Auntie Karen, Kirsten's mom,
finally arrived from Maine
for a Christmas visit,
we began our adventure with a visit to
The Alamo!
When the Alamo was first built in 1724,
it was called Mision San Antonio de Valero,
and was home to missionaries and their Indian converts for nearly 70 years.
(Boy, that was a long time ago!! Before I was even born!)





(Like my hat?)
In the early 1800's, the Spanish military stationed a cavalry
unit here. The soldiers called it the Alamo, the Spanish
word for "cottonwood", in honor of their own hometown.
It played a very important role

We got to read a lot of information about the Alamo
and even got to tour through the Long Barracks.
Here I am next to the Long Barracks... it's a looonngg room.


***
Auntie Kirsten and I really enjoyed reading all the historical
markers and information. She helped me with the big words.

***

Here I am posing with the statue of Davy Crocket! He's my hero!

Peekaboo from the Long Barracks!

Here's Auntie Karen and I with one of the Alamo Rangers!
The Alamo Rangers guard the Alamo.
(Funny thing - he knew exactly who I was!
Do you suppose he read my book, too?)

For information about the Alamo, click HERE!


1 comment:

  1. [article](http://putrihokyselalu.wixsite.com/naga368)

    © RELIABLE IDN POKER AGENTS ©
    Immediately register yourself in IDN NAGA368 POKER and get a Bonus of up to Rp 100,000, - every day!

    Also enjoy other interesting Bonuses with us.
    BONUS NEW MEMBER 10%
    BONUS NEXT 5% DEPOSIT
    BONUS TURNOVER 0.3% - 0.5% (SHARED EVERY WEEK)
    BONUS REFERRAL 20% (SHARED EVERY WEEK)
    JACKPOT WITH HUNDREDS OF HUNDREDS OF HUNDREDS OF MILLION EVERYDAY!

    Bandar Poker Online
    Agen Poker Online
    agen poker
    Cerita Dewasa
    Bandar Ceme
    Poker Online
    Bandar Domino Online
    Agen Domino Online

    ReplyDelete